after-effects or brain damage?

edd37

I last took magic mushrooms in january and before that had tripped about seven times, four times on mushrooms twice on 2CI and once on acid. Since the last time though (which was mushrooms and my trip was a little scary) sometimes things look a bit visually different. It's not hallucinating as such, it's more like noticing the way things already look - the way shadows and reflections move. Colours sometimes seem more noticable. It's the sort of thing you get the day or maybe the week after usually, but i've been getting it for three months!

Maybe the after effects are lasting an abnormally long time or maybe i've made a permanent difference to the way i see the world. Maybe theres nothing wrong with me at all, i'm just looking at things in a new way i've learned from taking hallucinogens. Or maybe, as a friend suggested, i've fried my brain and it's taking so long to process everything!

If anyone has any thoughts or has had a similar experience, please let me know!:confused:

read my thread named -just a thought- in short i think if you can still do every thing you could before eg complex thought eg, maths than your ok...as with noticing the way things look and sh*t months after ...well you are stuck with it your body can not fix the mind..once twisted allways twisted read my thread and you will see what i mean

Ya i ate shrooms and it's like everything has no name I like at it am like wtf is that o ya its chair.And paterns are very strange not trippy but strange.

Read-up on 'flash-backs', and as gw suggests, don't worry too much if you still have all your powers of perception / mental processing (maths etc)...

shrooms shouldn't have any affect on the brain really (like LSD).i read that Charlie Manson and his followers had over 500 acid trips during their rain of terror.everyone thought that it was the chronic taking of LSD and shrooms on the brain but there has been no evidence to back the supposed theory of psychological effects.

keep eating!!!!

Re the 'Charles Manson' post above, I would tend to think that drugs actually did play a large part in swaying the judgement of some pretty innocent young 'hippie' types, ultimately causing them to do things they otherwise would not have otherwise... anyone interested might wish to read 'THE FAMILY', by Ed Sanders... seems a quite well researched and unbiastly (is that a word?!) written text...

PS, there is also no indication based on what I have read, that Manson or his 'family' ever had shrooms... No doubt they were big on LSD though...

Thats bollocks that theres no evidence of long term psychological effects too. Psychedelics are well known for triggering mental illnesses and deepening emotional and pschological problems. A friend of mine did too much and had a psychotic episode. Respect them and only use if you feel totally comfortable with it and are mentally stable.

If you still have your intelect and witts about you, then there should be no problem. You should know this and not just think it though. And as far as the different perspective of the world goes, I think it is pretty damn cool. It sounds like you see things like they should be, not obscured by a filter in your mind. I think that I have developed a different thinking pattern from the use of mush. Maybe you have too.

Back