Depression+Shrooms?

Binn

I sufferd from mildish depression a few years back, now I have recovered quite a bit, but Im wondering if taking shrooms in the neer future would be a good idea or a terrible one? A bad trip would be the worst.

Any opinions would be really appreciated.

thanx

What was the cause of depression I would have to ask first but if you feel uncertain and or unstable you shouldnt get into doing too much of any kind of psychedelic substance. Since the trip is very individual and the mood is important. if you feel unsecure you should not go into trip, if you really feel like it then start very slow, low dose and get try to get the feel of it and work yourself up. You sould feel it yourself, once you know how the feeling is then you will be ok, but if you had problems with depression then just take it easy and dont do it too often since the feeling of shrooms is great and you might not want to lose that feeling and maybe you could feel a little depressed when you not have that amazing feeling inside :) Who are you inside that is what is most important what I think... the trip can be like a reflection of you and this should have its base on your happiness before you consumed the shrooms, a bad trip is not nice but you could learn lots from such a trip also and if you have a strong mind you will always have it in the back of your head that you are affected by a substance and it will pass. Like my dutch friend said eat lots and lots of sugar if you trip is too much for you to handle hehe... never tried it but I guess it could ease up the trip. Bad trips usually dont accur often... Maybe I have heard one or two bad experiences from friends.

My short opinions only... I have taken trips quite enough but not too much :) and I also meditate to enter this other extraordinary reality of life.

Mood, good reliable friends and a nice enviroment are 3 key objects for a nice trip for a first timer, my opinion.

You never stated if you have done them before?

Good luck... it will work out it usually does.

Peace

I was depressed for no particular reason, my boyfriend at the time was a bit of a prick and would hit me sometimes, 99% of mates were 2 faced so my self esteem was at an all time low, and I started feeling really down etc.

I've never done shrooms before, which I guess is why I'm quite cautious about the bad trips for now, although if/when I do try them I should (fingers crossed) be ok :) ehe.

Thanks for all your advice, especially that sugar thing! That might well come in handy! :D

Take it steady x

Hey no problem.... you wont be having any problems with taking shrooms.. u will have so much fun... like being a child again and entering the fantasy world.

Have a nice trip

man this website is dodgy, this so called expert has a hard neck to encourage folk to take magic mushrooms that he doesn't know, believe me i've taken heaps of mushrooms, tabs etc and it is 100% not worth it, just go to your local mental hospital and ask how many people are in there due to drug abuse, if your worried or not sure then definately don't do it, this is the doubt that could fcuk you up when your mind alters into something you could never imagine, bad trips can ruin your life FOREVER!!! don't listen to this guy, his mentality and personality is of such that he can handle it, EVERYBODY is different, some people have very vivid imaginations and intelligence levels, all of which are influences in the kind of experience you have.

should you choose to do it make sure your in the right environment and have some downers for back up (valum etc), but be advised valum is highly addictive and can kill you as it did my friend.

drugs are illegal for good reason - they are not good for you! what annoys me is that people who visit this website and are told "yeh go ahead take a trip its great, oh but by the way there dangerous as fcuk" go away and take them on the advise of this guy, he doesn't know you, what your lifes like, what your worlds like, he knows piss all. You might be living in a part of the world that he doesn't know exists.

OK preacher i may be, but have a look around you, who are the successful happy folk in life and who are the weirdos freaks junkies degenerates alcoholics hash heads etc which one do you want to be? I'm not saying you take one trip and youv'e had it, but i am saying its not worth the risk because it DOES fcuk people up, i'm 27 and believe me i was lucky enough to have realised this in time, but still suffer from a loss of confidence through mind altering drugs.

Even if 1 in 10 people suffer from a bad trip (in reality its likely to be much higher)and that person has decided not to do it on this advise then my contribution was worth it

"Life isn't about finding yourself its about creating yourself"

"Life isn't about finding yourself its about creating yourself"

This was the best part, it is easy and true :) And it is true that we are all different and act different in different situations of course. Have different feelings and such, what do you know about the people that place their opinions here just as little as we know about you, reading what says here doesnt even come close to it right, you seem intellegent and experienced and have had bad experiences with these substances and I respect that but dont be so mean towards people you dont know,, we are all living out our lives so live and let live and dangers there will always be. I dont give out adds with false knowledge, I only place my opinions and my experience thats it. Freedom

But if you dont find out who you are in different situations and in different stages of life how can you fully realize that creating yourself is life... You go trough so you can realize YOU.

There is dangers and we all know that we cant live without dangers, it is dangerous to drink alcohol, smking cigarettes(this is legal) even just going outside can get you killed or even in your home etc. (I know a man here which never took drugs nor anything and all of a sudden something happened to him and he got very ill), you can get mentally ill without the use of drugs.

I was drunk the first time when I was 21, I am 25 now, you dont need to do drugs nor alcohol but why do we do them??? somethings might not be suited for certain people then they should stay off it. I know what fits me because I have experienced and made mistakes and learnt from them, but how can I learn if I never make mistakes...right.. besides I dont do much of anything and if you were refering to me as the "expert"? then you are wrong I only place my opinions here like you and the next one, who is the expert of life and these things anyways,,,, it sure isnt me nor you, you have gone your way and experienced it from your point of view as I have and as the nxt person here, if you read the first reply it says that cleary says if you are unsecure and etc you shouldnt try out psychedelic substance. I know it might have negative effects or it might not but from my experience and with my friends that is a NO, other substances are far worse.

Like all things in life everything has two sides.

I am sorry for making you so "upset", it seems in your reply that you are against peoples opinions on psychedelic substance but this is a forum where we disscuss them... maybe next time you can be more nice though since we are all humans and deserve respect for our opinions ... like when you were saying we know piss all is really unfair since you dont know us.

Meditate and just take it easy, we all live and die here no need to worry... I try to think more positive about everything and I use meditation to find inner peace, I do actually feel very positive considering what I have been through, if someone asks me about trip I give my opinions and with trip I have had lots of positive experience, but I also try to point out that it is very individual like with everything :)

My other reply was little encouraging but still only based on my opinion... :)

Peace to all... :) ;)

Thanks man you are forgiven , and your opinion is respected too it was nice of you to apologize and if I in any way offended you I apologize for it.

Our paths were just different thats all, Peace.

Best Regards

SmArCo :)

if you arnt worried about it goahead, but if theres dought in your mind DONT!!!!! im about to take mushrooms after 3 years of getting over an anxity dissorder and im looking forward to it, if all gos well i will be foever rid of my problems, but i know if i dont it wont get worse thats the main thing.

Back