fresh shrooms - losing wait?

whatever

hi

i picked shrooms today but i can first wei´ght them in 1 or 2 days. so do they lose weight when they are put in fridge - cause if it will be difficult to choice how much to take.

please help - want to eat in 2 days

If it were me I'd dry them out completely.You can dry them out on rice.Just put some rice on a cookie sheet and cover it with papertowels.Then put the shrooms on the towels and cover with more towels.Then put somemore rice on top and put in the frige.This way when your ready to eat them they'll be dry and you can take the appropriate dose for dry mushrooms.

yeah but

i've never eaten fresh mexicans and i have also dry ones but if i compare fresh and dried hawaiian from NL there was an extreme different( fresh better) - ok the fresh shroom flash had better conditions (wheather and holidays)

so i just need to know if fresh shrooms weight same after picking as after two days in the fridge.

Well let me know which one is better.I'm growing B+ cubensis.It's my first try at growing and I read they were about the easyest.How hard were the hawiian to grow?I just ordered some new suplies from a few different sites online so I'll be needing somemore spores and if it's not to hard I'll try some different ones.

hi again

to Sha-manic - does 5% drying by day means on a paper dried by air or did you mean that they lose 5% of their weight each day they're stored in the fridge.

to jamesluig - you say "which one is better" if you mean dried or fresh - how to explain - my experiences i can compare fresh to dried hawaiian. and this was really a very big different.fresh was more optical and yeah just stronger - so if you grow b+ you should harvest more than for 1 flash so you can dry some and eat some fresh

i think that if havent eaten shrooms for long time flash is stronger so first time eating iwould try fresh ones.

and i would try the hawaiian cause if you order spores it's not so expensive and i think they should be able to been grown and i would prefer hawaiian to b+

i'm also first time grower but i have already harvested 5th flush - if you have first time growing questions or about taking spores and so just ask here

please help about losing wait in fridge

repliy to whatever,

I have my spores permiating in rye because it was easier to get around here.Have you tried using rye and casing it with organic potting soil?

I did this once before back in the 80's.But at the time the tek was not yet perfected and I had to use argar and cultyers and bird seed then to compost and then case with moss.It was very time consewming.

But the rye was very easy to inoculate in the quart sized jars.It seems like it will take about 30 days to permiate.So if you can give me any advice I'd appericiate it.

On monday I will be getting some vermiculite and halfpint jars so I can start some going in rice.So this week watch the site and I'll let you know how it goes.

See Ya!

yeah hi again

but what i need to know now is - are fresh shrooms losing wait in fridge - i'm not driing them - have dried ones too but want to eat fresh this time.need this info for dosage .

so please help

p.s. i know how to make jars - i just don't know how i can see if they are finished - on one site they describe with pics agter 5,10 and 20 days but mine are growing faster.

I read that when the jar is 100% covered on the outside wait about 4 or 5 days after to let the fuzz penatrate into the middle of the medium.

Back