guerilla bags inside?

vilde chaya

Odd question, i know, but i'd love to useu the guerilla spawn bags (i live in the u.s., and without PF, i'm kind of lost...) Anyway, would it be possible to use the bags, exactly as instructed, except inside? I have plenty of room to set up a bed and wood chips inside, but I have very nosy neighbors, and I know they would eventually get suspicious. Am I crazy for even entertaining the possibility, or could it be done?

Thanks.

I heard of people who grew Azurescens and other mushrooms that like cold temperatures inside a fridge. If you try this, please let us know how it went.

Dear Vilde Chaya,

I grow my cyanescens (spawn bag obtained from De Sjamaan) inside. I got a nice, clay container 60cm wide and 20cm deep. I've now harvested the first wave! Next year, when I have to add fresh wood chips (I got mine out of the local park where they'd just cut some trees down), I will have 5 different cultures of which I'm going to offer one to the fridge experiment: let the mycelium grow for 5 to 6 weeks and then put it in the fridge. More later.

A friend of mine has done exactly the same with a Azurescens spawnbag (from De Sjamaan).

Back