How to avoid a bad trip.

G

After seeing a lot of questions on how to avoid a bad trip, I would like to invite everyone to post your idea's on this matter here.

I would suggest:
- Not to smoke weed before or especially during the experience.
- To weigh the shrooms out, before you take them.
- Take normal doses as recomended on sjamaan.com. Take note that dry is 12 times stronger in weight than Fresh mushrooms and dry truffles are 3 times stronger than fresh ones. Most of the Bad trips happen by taking to much.
- Be absolutely sure that your shrooms are psilocibin mushrooms and not amanita. Amanita's are often called magic mushrooms, but are not as save as psilocibin mushrooms.
- Be sure to trip in a controlled environment, with friendly stable people.
- Do not trip in times of stress, troubles or if there are any mental problems.

What tips do you have?

Maybe the difference is the potency of weed, but the majority of bad trips are either on a high dose or in combination with weed. Ofcourse there are people who can handle weed and mushies together, but I am absolutely sure that most people should avoid high THC weed while tripping. Especially on first trips. Here in the Netherlands, most of the weed is °very° potent.

About the breathing technique - On my first trip (3 weeks ago) i kept putting my hands up to my face and breathing in, it made me feel great. The trouble is I was in the woods and had just been rubbing imaginary chewing gum off my hands (i was tripping like mad from 35g of fresh(ish) mexican cubensis!) and they were covered in mud. I sniffed up sh*tloads of it. Then i thought i was going to die for a bit. A while later i couldnt stop laughing at myself!

Back