Mushroom Trip : What To Expect

hopper100

When I first decided to try shrooms, I began looking online for explanations of what the effects were. Most were confusing to understand, and hard to relate with. Even after experiencing shrooms first hand, I still am not able to relate my experience with the many I had read about previously online. This is the reason I have decided to try my hand at explaining the trip, possibly to help other first time users out there who are curious about the effects.

The trip I am describing was my 3rd trip on shrooms, my most recent trip, as I have only done them 3 times. I was camping with some friends at a state park, and my friend and I decided to trip in the woods. We each consumed 2 grams of dried shrooms, and I am unsure of exactly what exact strain they were.

After eating them, it took about 30 min for the effects to begin. Since I had previously used them, I knew what to look for. The first thing I began to notice was the change in colors. Similar to the way that music sounds better when you are high, lights began to look brighter and more vivid. This effect lasted for about the first hour of the trip.

About 10 minutes after I noticed this, and 40 min after consumption, I began to experience my first true visuals. What I began to see came from looking at all the tress that were around the area. As I looked at them, I began to see a web-like formation between the branches. I know this is hard to visualize, but it seemed as though a clear, thin web was extending between all the branches, and even stretching to the ground from the branches on the tree. This effect lasted for about 10 minutes.

I noticed this as we were walking back towards my friends at the camp, and following this stage, in which these visuals lasted for roughly 10 min, I began walking back to camp. As me and my friend approached, I looked at my friends sitting in their car. At this point, I began to notice small dots, blue-red-green, covering everything I looked at. This happened about an hour into the trip, and it was almost as though my brain couldnt put together the colors I was seeing, and so everything I looked at had these colored dots covering it. I saw the dots for about 20 minutes after that point, then they went away.

Almost immediatly after seeing this we went to my car, where we sat and listened to music for a few minutes. Within those few minutes we began to lose track with reality. We still knew where we were and what we were doing, but it was though we didnt' care what was happening, and it was very easy to "forget" about what was going on around us. We then got out of the car, and I began walking towards our tent. The weeds on the ground, only 6" high in real life, appeared to come up to my knees. I even remember lifting up my legs when I walked so that I could step over these plants, even though they werent' as tall as they appeared. The effect of having things look bigger than they actually were lasted for about the next 2 hours.

After about an 1 1/2 into it, we went into the woods on a trail with some of our friends who were not on it. My brain began to be overloaded, and I remember telling everyone to stop talking at the same time. Everyone was asking me what it was like, and it became an overload. On shrooms, it is difficult to listen or interact with more than 1-2 people at a time. I explained this to my friends who were following us, and all but 1 left. The 3 of us remained in the woods, and walked deeper into the forest. I turned around a few times to look at the trail behind us, and the trees had "grown in" to the trail, and the trail no longer existed. Similar to the way the weeds appeared to be much higher than they really were when I got out of my car, so did the trees in the forest.

After about 2 hrs into the trip, we walked back towards our camp and stopped to sit on a small wooden bridge. As I looked at the boards on the brige, they looked like they were stretching. The gap between the boards seemed to go from 1/2" to nearly 4" in gap. The boards were moving apart and back towards each other. I even remember trying to touch a tree branch that appeared to be a foot away from my body while I sat on the bridge. When I came back later sober, I noticed that the branch was more than 6 feet away from me instead.

After about an hour sitting on the bridge and just talkin and chilin, we went back to camp. Again I became overloaded with the scene we came up on. It didnt appear to be the same camp we left, and it was all very confusing. We then listened to music and drove around for the rest of the trip with a sober friend. I remember closing my eyes and seeing gears, I know, strange, but I saw gears turning like an engine of some sort. Just a strange hallucination. Also, the branches on the trees were still moving, and appeared to look like clovers of some sort. I sobered up about 6 hrs after I ate them.

While on them, I felt very happy at first, probably excited about what I was seeing. Then as it went on I became more confused with what was going on, but never scared. Towards the end of the trip it becomes similar to the beginning, with a more relaxed feeling. Although I have had withdrawl after my 2nd use, I had not feelings of depression after my 3rd. I went to sleep at about 9 a.m. the next morning, 9 hours after I took them. After I woke up, I felt normal.

Regardless of how well I have tried to explain the experience to friends, I have come to the same conclusion as many others: If you really want to know how it is, you have to try it for yourself. Some of the things I experienced can't be explained very well in words, and everyone's trip is different. But the visualizations, color changes, depth perception, are all common effects for everyone I have talked to who has done them.

Hope this helped to explain what I experienced, which I assume is going to be similar to what you experience. My trips have all been in different environments, and the environment makes all the difference. That includes the people you do them with. I suggest doing them at places with lots of light, or on the opposite end in a nature-type setting.

If anyone has some questions feel free to ask.

when you where on them did you ever forget you were on them? like when you were seeing the boards widen and such did you ever think why is this happing or relize its happeing cus your on shrooms. i know this question is sorta confusing.

Back