My first trip!!!! Exellent!

G

Here is a trip report for anyone who is interested. I know that I always like to read other peoples, so maybe you will enjoy this little story of my first time:

A good friend of mine found a place to buy mushrooms from and asked me if i was interested. I was a bit dubious about these shrooms, as i didnt know that it was all legal and i thought they may well be like some of the legal highs that i have tried before. To tell the truth i didnt really expect them to do much. I have done a few drugs before (xtc, weed, amphetamines etc) but nothing could have prepared me for the night that was about to commence.

We gathered a few more people together and decided we would camp in the woods, we sleep up there loads so it was a familiar and safe place to us all. The first inclination that it may turn a bit sour was when one of our friends (who happens to be the most hyperactive hypocondriac i have ever met) decided he was going to get really drunk on vodka instead of doing the shrooms. I was relieved that he wasnt going to lose his mind but from previous experiences of drugs i knew he would be completely alien to the rest of us, but he insisted that he would be considerate towards the state we were all in. So we were all set and ready to go.

We gathered wood and built a fire, whist drinking a few beers and smoking a few joints which is normal for all of us. We had around 35-40g of fresh mexican cubbies each (stupid i know), and we waited until around 11:30 to take them. The vodka guy left to walk his girlfriend home. I still didnt expect much from the shrooms so we stuffed the whole lot down and waited to see what would happen. Within half an hour the effects were becoming quite apparent to all of us. Huge smiles all around (one guy puked a bit but he was fine) and we talked about how different the fire looked. I was amazed at the effect of the shrooms and everything was great. Visuals started to intensify and the music sounded amazing. I loved it.

Then the vodka guy walked back into the woods and found us. It soon became evident that he was extremely drunk, and it really caused a bit of a stir for all of us tripping. He was insistent on doing lots of drunken activities like hunting for more wood, getting the video camera out, pointing the torch at every little sound he heard and chopping wood up. All of his suggestions made me incredibly scared. He didnt even look or sound like the same man. I was tripping like crazy and he wasnt helping matters at all. I couldnt take my eyes off of him. I felt like the vodka was gradually helping satan (i say satan but i didnt know what it was at the time) consume his body. Soon after I realized that my best option was probably to try and ignore him and get on with tripping my face off.

I leaned back against a tree and let the mushrooms take control. I was really enjoying the effects, but every five or so minutes I would start to get scared that it was never going to end, and then i would laugh uncontrolably about how silly that thought was. Then I had a little disaster. I was chewing gum and i felt a bit get stuck on my lip, so i spat it out. Then i thought that the gum was all over my hands and body, which it obviously wasnt. So i decided to wipe the gum from my hands into the dirt. When I was satisfied that the gum was gone i realised that it was never really there, and i put my hands up to my face and laughed a little. I took a few really deep breaths in through my nose and out of my mouth. To my absolute horror i had accidentaly snorted a large amount of the soil and i could feel it going down the back of my throat. I stood up and started to spit the muddy crap out of my mouth, i didnt tell anyone what had happened incase they all laughed at me. I walked a little way away from the group to gather my thoughts.

The next thing i knew i had absolutely no energy left to stand with, so i just flopped down onto the ground. I was sweating profusely so i took off my body warmer and used it as a pillow. I dont know how long this was all going on for but it felt like forever and every so often the thought that it would never stop entered my head. All I could see was these little hexagons of light reflecting off things (could have been stars actually) and I had this real bad felling that something was really wrong with me. I turned to a friend and said 'i dont know what it is but something is really wrong (with me), i cant stop sweating and i cant move. I think i need some bread'. He didnt really understand what i was going on about so i just said 'THIS IS GETTING SERIOUS, I NEED SOME BREAD!'. No one really knew what to do or where the bread was. They all comforted me with their sympathy, i dont know if it was intentional but it helped my frame of mind quite a bit. Then someone threw me some water, which i drank within a few seconds.

Five minutes later I was feeling great and i ate a few crisps. Ironically the person that threw the water and crisps over for me was the guy that was really drunk on vodka. I couldnt stop laughing at myself and the fact that earlier he was like a demon to me, and now he was like an angel. I really felt like he had saved my life, and i didnt stop thanking him for it. The effects started to become less intense, and i became less scared. I was loving every minute of it - the sky was fading from jade green to dark blue, the stars were swelling and turning a sort of flourescent purple, with tracers and all. All the typical trippy things were happening and i thought it was absolutely amazing.

The next day i thought about what could have been wrong with me at the time the trip turned for the worse. I had only eaten a bannana in the morning, drank a few cans of beer during the day and a few more on the night. It was a hot day so i came to the conclusion that i must have just been dehydrated and hungry (must remember about water next time!) and the descrition of my face confirmed my theory.

That was the night i fell in love with the mighty shroom. It was undoubtedly one of the best experiences of my life on all possible levels. Now i have my own terrarium set up and cant wait to grow my own. It certainly changed me, not drastically, but now i feel a lot calmer and appreciate lots of things in a more understanding way. I love shrooms but i will be sure to use them as a sort of spiritual holiday rather than abuse them and use them as a drug just to get off my face on.

Magic mushrooms are great!

Back