persistent psychosis/anxiety from shrooms

Roberto

I have a question.

I used LSD a few times, and on my last time i had a horrible trip. This trip remained with me, in its many horrible variations, for about two months or more. I wouldn't hesitate to call it a two month panic attack. I will never touch LSD again. I am interested in trying shrooms, but am obviously afraid of going through something similar. I am willing to take the risk of a bad trip, but not willing to take shrooms if this bad trip can persist for more than two or three days. How safe would it be to take the shrooms?

If you are afraid for a repeat of your p[revious bad experience,
stay away!
Mushies are 'softer' than LSD and they last less long, but they still are a psychedelic thing.

If you already had a bad experience with LSD than it probably won't be a lot different with shrooms.

Thank you for your advice. Despite it, however, i decided to try shrooms. About two weeks ago i took a very very low dose of mushroom tea. It hardly had any effects until i began to smoke weed. All i felt at first was a little excitement while i was coming up. (hadn't smoked yet). After about an hour i began to feel a little anxious, but fortunately it was nowhere near as strong as with lsd, and it lasted only about, i'm estimating, an hour. I mean, it wasn't really even a bad trip considering that i was hardly tripping, it was just a little anxiety like the kind you can get on any day. It was not really a problem in that i never panicked, i was simply uncomfortable and dissapointed that the trip was not going especially well. Fortunately, however, the anxiety ended and i began to have a good time. Since i was having a good time, i proceeded to smoke a couple of bowls. That's when it really got fun. I watched visualizations on the computer and listened to music. I also went out to my backyard (where i could still hear the music coming from my room), and i looked at flowers and such. It was not as great as the visualizations, but was definitely pleasant. In the following days, and until today, i have felt absolutely no negative side effects from the experience except maybe a little paranoia when i smoke weed, but that can easily be dealt with and eliminated before the high is over. The only positive effect has been relief from the fear of doing shrooms, which has in turn braught me better peace of mind. Not to say that i'm gonna go crazy doing lots of shrooms. I'm not.

Anyway, i drew the conclusion that mushrooms, at least in a very low dose, are not nearly as psychologically dangerous as lsd. I must mention, however, that i am sure it would not have gone nearly as well if i had not practiced meditation for the last year and a half. (my bad lsd experience was about two years ago.)

Back