Psilocybe Mexicana

parallax

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place to be posting but it seems intuitive.

I'm thinking of getting some mexicana truffles (been a while since I've done any kind of shrooms and I'm not too experienced), but I have a few questions regarding their description.

"not yet fruited as a magic mushroom" - does this mean I have to leave them in the fridge for a while or something? It seems to imply that if I take them as soon as I get them, then I won't trip.

Also, these are fresh... so I assume the dosage changes from the described? Some posts in the forum seem to indicate I need to take more when they're fresh as opposed to dried (which would make sense since the water weight has been removed).

Last question: if I should dry these, do I need to use a fan _heater_, or will a plain air fan do? I'm aware that temperature may affect the psilocybin content of the 'shroom, and heat above 30 degrees is pushing it, but what about cold air?

First off what is the Scientific name for these. If it is Psilocybe Mexicana then i have ur answers. Let me know when you find the scientific name.

Mushroom Master Grimple

Yes, that is the scientific term. Psilocybe is the genera, Mexicana the name. Also referred to as Philosopher's Stones (although the common name coveres more than one truffle I believe).

Thanks for your reply =)

I dont think you need to take more, well fresh will of course weigh more but the amount of shrooms will be more or less the same although I feel that I get little bit more out of the fresh ones... I ate one big fresh shroom once and it kicked in :) Well it all depends on when you are going to consume them, dried can be stored a long time...

I agree with smiley, I like fresh ones best. But when i make my tea, sometimes i freeze it first.

Mushroom Master G

Back