Qs about MM growing bag

aragorn

I would like to ask two questions about the grow bag before ordering:

http://www.de-

sjamaan.nl/en/1509_Magic_Mushroom_grow_bag.html

1. Is the amount of mushrooms that can be obtained from this bag comparable to the amount obtained from the older growing kit ?

For the older one, the instructions say one can get about 150-350 g of fresh shrooms (though I got a lot less).

2. The instructions for the grow bag don't mention any watering of the substrate. So, if I'm reading it well, it doesn't need spraying with water at all, or maybe you forgot to mention?

Thanks in advance.

1: no, the yield can be much more because the bag is bigger but you need a syringe. When the mycelium has spreaded through the bag, spread it over sterile wood and watch it grow ;)

2:watering of the substrate is not nessecary because the mycelium spreads through the heat within the bag. When you spread it over the sterile wood-chips wating is advised, not necessary.

Good luck

So this grow bag is only intended as a preparation of the mushroom micelium for later cultivation on wood-chips?

In other words, it cannot produce shrooms (e.g. Stropharia Cubensis) by itself without using wood-chips? I thought it was similar to your first Stropharia Cubensis growing kit, just minus spores..

Back