shrooms while on medication?

krispyska39

I have never tried shrooms before, but would really really like to. I was reading up on them and read that it isn't good to take them if you are on a perscription drug, especially a psychoactive perscription drug. I take asthma medication and also take Paxil for a social anxiety disorder. Would I still safely be able to try them?

why do you say that? Are there certain medicines that have a really bad affect? What kind of affects could taking shrooms with those meds cause? Also, could i just stop taking the meds for a day or 2 beforehand? Anyone's advice would help, so please reply if you have any thoughts.

thanks.

I am not 100% sure that it is a bad idea, but generally it is better not to take the risk if you have any kind of psychoactive prescription. Not because of the medicines themselves, but because of the psychological processes that they should repress. Shrooms will normally do the opposite and release any subconscious or repressed feelings and thoughts. In a lot of cases this is highly unwanted.

I woudl say to be CAREFULL if you are goign to and try to stay away from the perscriptions while taking them. I would suggest try a small dose and try a weaker straina nd not one of the more potent strains...

I am currently taking cipramil to treat similar symptons. I haven't done mushrooms while on them but have taken Ecstasy, LSA and K frequently without problems. Apart from one which is it REDUCES they're effects :(. I haven't tried mushrooms but am about to and think it should be fine. SSRI's are very clean and safe compared to other anti-depressants i.e. MAOI's. The only thing to be cautious of is seritonin syndrome, which is where there is too much seritonin in the blood, which can be caused by combining to many seritonin releasing drugs. This is very rare and very rarely causes death... but there is a small risk!! Again try a small/average dose and DON'T consume any other drugs.

yes paxil and asthma medication will be fine with shrooms...drugs like lsd are basically just seritonin like whats already in the brain, it will cling to certain receptor sites..its strctly all in the brain so any medication thats not psychoactive will be fine...paxil just balances out certain chemicals in the brain...shrooms wont harm this since paxil makes ur chemicals at a more normal value, then its the same as a normal person taking them, u can literally take almost anythign with shrooms or lsd

While it might chemically be ok to take shrooms while on anti-depressants, I think that psychologically and emotionally it is a terrible idea. Since your mushroom trip is very dependent upon your state of mind, I wouldn't reccommend anyone who has any type of psychological problem, disorder, or anxiety take them, it seems to be asking for trouble. If your brain isn't operating as it should be normally, and you need a prescription drug to correct it, you certainly don't need another psychoactive substance to complicate the problem. Get your mind in order, then enjoy mushrooms.

Back