Transporting Shrooms

memset

I get my shrooms from this guy at work. What am I wanting to know whats the best way to transport them to keep them for losing potency. They will probably be fresh and I will have to keep them somewhere for 8-9 hours. I don't have the luxury of a fridge at work so should I keep them in a jar in a cooler with an ice pack or what?

a paper sack works the best. Plastic will trun them to mush fairly quickly. Just put them in a paper sack and put them in a cooler with ice blocks. the cooler the better. Try to be careful with them if they are fresh, they are fairly fragile. If they are dry just try to keep them cool. You can use a plastic bag for dried and just keep them fairly cool. Temp is not so important with dry, you just don't want them to get hot.

The guy said he dehydrates these shrooms... Will this destory the phsyco-active substances or is it ok to dehydrate these things for 4-8 hours?

That's fine. If they were dried without using too much heat most of the psychoactive substances will be preserved. In that case, as cvick said, you can seal them in a ziplock plastic bag. If you squeeze the air out of the bag and make sure it's sealed properly, and keep them away from light and high heat, they should stay good for months.

Thanks for the replies.

He said he will dehydrate them for 6-8 hours. Just as long as that will not ruin them then thats cool. Will I need to put a ice pack in a cooler with the shrooms after they have been dehydrated? They will probably have to sit in my car for 8-10 hours. 2:30-11:00 or so....

If the shrooms are properly dry (i.e. if they break like crackers when you bend them), ambient temp will definitely be fine.

Even if they are still a bit soft (i.e. not fully dehydrated, which is unlikely if he knows what he's doing), I don't think 6-8 hours at ambient temp will cause any damage. But I guess keeping them a bit cool won't do any harm either. Just don't go too low if they are not fully dried: freezing fresh shrooms turns them to mush. :)

Sorry I meant 8-10 hours at ambient temp. :)

Anyway on second thoughts, since it can get quite hot in cars when the sun's out, you might as well do what cvick sais and use an ice pack just to be on the safe side. :)

Won't the icepack create moisture in the baggy when it starts to sweat... how should I go about this, thanks.

I've got to admit that I've never fully understood condensation on the inside of bags.. :)

But, assuming the shrooms are completely dry, that moisture would come from the air in the bag, right? So if you squeeze the air out as much as possible, the condensation should be minimal..?

Otherwise just make sure it's cool, doesn't have to be cold. The main thing for dry shrooms is that they shouldn't be exposed to cooking temperatures. :)

Back