yearning for more

thewayuwhisper

I havn't taken shrooms since September. I am planning on tripping when the semester is over in late May. A lot has changed in my life since the last time I shroomed. I have been looking forward to openning the "doors" of perception again, yet I'm nervous.

I've tripped eight times in my life. Trips 1-3 magically enhanced my life, but trips 4-8 were filled more with frustration than magic. I attribute the frustration to lack of communication with my best friend, whom I have shroomed with every time. I must admit that I am much more educated than him about psychadelics, considering the literature I have studied on this site and other books I've read about spirituallity. I have yet to fully experience shrooms the way they're supposed to be: with nature, with music, with goals, with good fellings. Not with paranoia, not with stress, not in front of a television, and not with distractions. I have attempted to talk with him about this but I don't feel he understands.

Maybe I'm worrying too much about it, but I feel like I know there is so much to be gained and experienced from mushrooms. I welcome any suggetions on how to approach this matter.

I don't think that shrooms are supposed to be any certain type of experience like you said. The type of trip you have all depends on you; your mood, your thoughts, you likes/dislikes and your self control. Don't let the paranoia get to you; keep telling yourself it will all be over in a few hours and to take your mind off of something scary (like paranoia) simply look around the room and enjoy what you are seeing. I think it is fun to trip while at a movie theatre because of the big screen and the wacky walls, but I wouldn't recomend going if you can't handle being around a bunch of people. I really don't see how you can call yourself more experienced than your friend since you tripped the same amount of times. As for distractons, go take a walk outside. Grass, trees, and water are fun.

Back