Growkit question

Hugo

My shrooms started to grow about a week ago; but I'm afraid it is not going as well as I expected. The biggest ones are now about 5 cm in length (about 2 inches); and there's only 5 or 6 of the big ones. The rest of them are still very small. And some of them don't even look like shrooms; they have some very weird shapes. Do you think I should pick them now? Some of them started to open the caps, so I think it's time to pick them, but there are still so few of them. Here are some pictures. Shoudl't they be growing straight? Why are some of them so curly and twisted? Is that normal? Does this look like a kit that's gone bad? I appreciate any comments.

shroom01.jpg

shroom02.jpg

shroom03.jpg

shroom04.jpg

shroom05.jpg

shroom06.jpg

shroom07.jpg

hugo, ur shrooms are probably fine, even though they look demented. The way to test shrooms just by looking is to look under the caps. If you notice anything unusual (discolouration, unusual texture, etc) then it might be a cause for concern. If not, they r probly fine. When are you thinking of picking them?

Neddy,

thanks for the advice.

i already picked those; the two kits' first flush gave only a total of 125 grams, which is very little. Now one of the kits is apparently dead; the other one is still growing shrooms.

Back