MM and the law in Canada, sumone help

mb_frontman

does anyone knwo the leaglity (is that even a word) of magic mushrooms in Canada

like i'll do them either way

but me and my buddies got pulled over with shrooms in the car the other nite and it freaked me out because i realized that if we were caught i had no idea of how much trouble we'd be in

so sumone let me know

lata

if you go to www.erowid.com and see freedom and law, find canada..there is your answer!

Mushrooms are classified as Section III in Canada (Section I in USA)

(6) Every person who contravenes subsection (1) where the subject-matter of the offence is a substance included in Schedule III

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding three years; or

(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable

(i) for a first offence, to a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or to both, and

(ii) for a subsequent offence, to a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year, or to both.

Mushrooms are not listed in . Nor are they listed in other schedules of the controlled drugs and substances act. Only the active substances and preparations of these substances. The controlled drugs and substances act is a product of the . This convention is also the reason why the druglaws of western countries are very simular. If there is no other law, fresh mushrooms should be legal. The United Nations does not consider psilocybe mushrooms controlled under the convention.
I have written an email to the Canadian DRUG STRATEGY AND CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES PROGRAMME, which is Canada's Drug Strategy office, asking them to explain the legal status. I did not get any reply. All info is welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back