When i first get my kit.

CASUALSICKNESS

AS soon as i get my kit i start watering it and exposing it to light.should i keep it in total darkness till the mycelium total covers the kit?should i be watering it at the beging?

I was growing the india strain only got 6g dried of the kit as my kit shriveled up and died BEWARE OF PROPERGATORS!they cook shrooms for breckfast.

YOU GOTTA LOVE THE MUSH!

Do diffrent strain's of MUSHROOMS need diffrent types of care?

In the wild they grow in diffrent conditions but in the heat of my house would all shrooms grow the same?

KIT IS STILL DEAD!:) :) :) :) :)

Hi,

Yep different kind of shrooms need different care, but if you're getting a growkit, you'll be growing cubensis. From my experience with a kit and from what I've read on this forum...

...the things that you can do wrong are:

1. Too little / too much water

2. Too little / too much light

3. Wrong temperature

4. Not enough sterility

5. Disturb the soil too badly when you harvest

6. Harvesting at the wrong time

...and the guidelines to avoid these issues are roughly:

1. Spray the kit every other day or so, and poor 1/4 cup of water down the side of the kit when the soil retracts.

2. Light a 10w bulb by the kit or a 60w bulb a few metres away, 12 hours per day.

3. Keep it as close to 23C and as stable as possible.

4. Be careful, dissinfect hands and forearms properly before harvesting, dissinfect the area around the kit, keep the bag closed as much as possible, don't touch the air filter, don't breathe into the kit.

5. Twist/rock the shrooms out gently, do not break the stalks or touch te soil.

6. Harvest when the caps begin to open, before the veils under the caps breaks.

You need to spray water onto the kit as soon as you get it, until the cake is moist. Don't poor water onto it, spray it with a fine mist using a plant spraying thing. If you can use 'sterile' (boiled then cooled to room temp.) water, that's best. After that, spray it a bit every other day. Make sure it stays nice and moist.

As for light, as far as I understand light is only required for the fruiting, not the colonization, but the instructions recommend to expose it to soft light (e.g. 10w bulb near the kit, or a 60w bulb a few metres away) during daylight hours from the very beginning.

Back