Time frame for San Pedro Growth?

Jesus.T.Parker

How long do I have to grow a San Pedro cactus for until it is ready for consumption ? I have read 20 years for Peyote (20 years??????? is that a mistake) but can't find any info on growth time frame for San Pedro or the Peruvien variety (tricerotops perivous?) ?

Peyote is the slowest growing cactus on earth. San Pedro the fastest one. A couple years will do. You can also order a cutting, which is ready for consumption.

"You can also order a cutting, which is ready for consumption."(Sha-manic 10th Jan)

You ship T.pachanoi & T.peruvianus to Australia ?

You should check out for yourself if it is legal in Australia, but I think it is not. Also read our disclaimer about this.

I've since found out T.pachanoi is legal in Australia . It is against the law to consume the plant for its mescaline content though.

Where did you check? San pedro, once it it growing, can grow 10 - 20 centimetres per year. Ofcourse it depends on where you live. Here in the temerate climath, no water should be given between october and the beginning of may, to prefent the cactus from growing slim.

Back