Truffle doses

munchiez

Hi there,

I recently had some Mexican shrooms from our local headshop. Me and two friends had 30 grams each, chopped up in some soup. The girl at the headshop told us 30g was a high dose and checked we knew what we were doing.

This was the 3rd lot of shrooms we'd tried and we all coped fine.

We're about to order some truffles and I noticed that 15-20g is marked as a high dose. I was wondering since we were fine with 30g of Mexican shrooms, would we be ok with a similar (20-30g) dose of the truffles, or are they likely to be stronger than the Mexican shrooms we had?

I once did 30g of fresh truffles from Sjamaan (2 portions), and was fine. It was more of a profound, wild and mystical trip than with one dose. I spent most of the time lying in bed in darkness. The visuals were fantastic, both closed and open eye ones.

The only downside was a brief moment of total exhaustion and a bit of fear or paranoia towards the end, but one valium (diazepam) and Vitamin C took care of that. I slept like a baby and felt a newborn man tomorrow.

Of course this is just my experience, don't know how you would cope with such a dose... I think it's similar to 5 grams of dried Cubensis.

Cheers mate,

Am I right in thinking the Mexican mushies I had are Cubensis - Cubensis being a family of shrooms?

I'm a veteran toker but the whole mushroom thing is new to me - I didn't even realise they were legal in the UK until about a month ago!

The proper latin name for Cubensis shrooms is Stropharia Cubensis (other names: Psilocybe Cubensis or Mexican Cubensis). They look like real mushrooms while they are fresh. Even when dried, if you soak them in water they'll look like real mushrooms (kinda). The normal dose for them is about 3 g dried, very strong dose being in the 5-7g range (also dried).

Truffles or Philosopher's Stone include Psilocybe Mexicana and Psilocybe Tampanensis. They belong to a different species of psilocybe shrooms, and look like little stones (or muesli) while they're fresh. I use them only fresh, they kinda lose potency when you dry them. The normal dose (i.e. one sjamaan portion) of fresh truffles is about 15 g. So you'd need two doses of truffles or about 30-35 g for a very strong trip.

Both species contain psilocin and psilocybin, and are psychoactive. The trips are very similar with some differences.

Back