VIrgin to shrooms

licksloompas

Hi...I've been reading a lot about shrooms because I've been thinking of taking them with a friend. I want to be well informed about what i'm getting myself into. Is there any advice anyone can give me? And also if you're an emotional person will it hinder :( or make the trip better :D ? thanks

if you're an emotional person, or even if you're just a normal person, start with a low dose. if you trip responsibly (low dose, well planned activities, right environment and people, and a prepared mind), being emotional will likely mean that you'll have a great trip.being emotional, if you trip irresponsibly you'll likely have a badtrip that is likely to hinder. what i mean by a prepared mind is, other than the obvious (having absolutely no worries), try some meditation (formal meditation or whatever you do to relax youreslf) or prayer the day before, get some sleep, then keep relaxing the day you use them. put on some relaxation music while you're coming up and for the first half hour after the effects are full blown. if your experience with marijuana is that it makes you paranoid, don't smoke until after you've gotten used to the full blown effect of the shrooms. don't smoke while you're coming down, either. if anything goes wrong (anxiety, badtrip or whatever), don't panick. don't approve or dissapprove of the trip, just let it be. when you're coming down, don't try to hang on to the effects, just welcome normal consciousness back into your life. about the visions and revelations: experience them while they show up (if they do), and don't try to hang on to them once they're gone. if you're bound to learn something from your trip, you'll learn it, there is no reason why you should make any effort to remember the revelations. if you do, you're more likely to be confused about them once you're sober again, and they might even turn into persistent psychosis. make sure you relax the day after the trip as well.

I know this sounds like a lot, but it's not. don't be afraid of the experience just because i warn you. things will most likely go really well, but it's important that you're responsible. it's great that you ask for advice before you trip, so there it is.

i should also tell you, just to be sincere, that i've only done shrooms once in my life, but i have read a lot about it, and i know about how the mind works because the practice of meditation has had an enormous impact on my life and i think about it a lot. but i did have a very bad experiece with lsd, and i don't doubt that it could happen to you with shrooms. i recommend that you read "persistent psychosis/anxiety from shrooms", on this same forum. good luck.

I have to make a correction. (you'll have to excuse me as english is my second language). When i read 'hinder' i thought 'linger' (to persist). I looked up hinder in the dictionary (it means: to check or delay the progress of), and i have to say, i doubt greatly that if you're emotional, it could hinder. it won't, it'll make the trip stronger faster. you could replace the word hinder in my previous post for linger, and you'll understand what i meant to say.

also, eventhough i am pretty confident about what i wrote, if anyone has the need to make any corrections (not in the use of language, but in the ideas i gave these guys), please do. I would hate to give them advice that could actually hurt them.

I forgot to recommend something else i wanted to recommend you to read (you probably read it already, but just in case). It's the "please familiarize yourself with shrooms" topic on this same forum.

That was a lot of usefull stuff.I use mushrooms for 2 years,

but never heard anything about meditations and stuff.Anyway I think it wont hurt.But if you still have some second thought about mushrooms, don't take them at all.

Back