Boiling in bulk: Be careful

heth heth heth

Hi, I had Psilocybe's for the first time the other night via a mug of hot chocolate. It was a large group of us that had all put in with the intention of sharing one box between two - we bought about 7 boxes in total - I can't really remember the amount in grams per box but anyway there were about 8 'shrooms in each - these were the weakest of mushrooms: Mexicans.

Being the clever fools we are, we decided to throw all the mushrooms into a a comparatively small pan with a low volume of water and boil out the good stuff so some of us who weren't fond of mushrooms didn't have to endure the texture and flavour in it's raw form. We then mixed the liquid with hot chocolate and proceeded to drink half a cup-ful each. We didn't want anything too heavy, just a giggle. 1 hour later each of us started to trip, with mad cackles and strange behaviour surfacing, electric and pixelated visions on the carpet, 3-dimensional interaction on flat surfaces, introspective nightmares and crazy conversations. I persisted in throwing sentences at people with my hand expecting them to understand, and my girlfriend regressed into her childhood fascinations.

The trip lasted a good 5 hours and I could feel my body fighting the poison the whole time, it was mad! for a short period reality deconstructed itself and completely rearranged inside my head. It was scary and fascinating.

So those buying mushrooms in bulk for a large group, I warn you, do not boil all in one pan, that is unless your curiosity gets the better of you!

Peace,

Kris.

FOR NEWBIES I will add only this... some shrooms of the same species can vary (by wieght) in potency... for that reason it's better to cut the shrooms up (dry or wet) and make a 'homogenous' mix, that way any especially strong or weak shrooms are distribute evenly in the mix, everyone gets the same dose, and if you save some you can reliably estimate the potency of it... I would also never heat shrooms in any way (it's essentially a waste, cause psolicin/ psilocybin breaks down when heated), unless I had unlimited shrooms or money...

Above all, go EASY, take a bit rather than a lot, especially if it's your first time... life is long, and there's no rush (no pun intended!!) ... way better to have no trip, than a bad one !!!

Back