Do shrooms go bad over time?

Cappy McCap

Hi everyone, I'm new here...I had a peculiar experience this weekend and needed to ask about it.

It was my 3rd time to do shrooms, and the other 2 were really awesome. This time, however, the shrooms were quite crunchy and just seemed old...the trip wasnt as pleasant and I felt a little sick. From what I have read, this seems to be normal; some trips turn out good some bad. But it brought up the question for me...do shrooms go bad over time?

After about six months (dried) the strength of the mushrooms decrease...but usually no one keeps them that long (my experience), down in Christiania they had mushrooms that was so dried out it almost turned into powder but they still worked like a charm :)

Maybe it wasent the same kind of mushrooms you had the last time as the first times...? There are many different and many of them look the same to the unexperienced eye, but I am no expert my self just placing my opinions and experience here... :)

Peace...

They do deteriorate if exposed to air & light (and heat), especially if they're not well dried to start with.

I've kept dried shrooms in the freezer for 2 years, and they came out as good as they went in, but poorly stored shrooms can be worthless in 3 months.

Back