Hallucination

deaths_bong

do mushrooms actually make you hallucinate? i have done them twice and in my experience i have never seen anything out of the ordinary. however i have heard people say that they do. so....do they?

ive only tried shrooms once, I took the philosophers stone kind, but i didnt really experience any hallucinations like seeing leaprechauns or devils or anything but my vision was screwed a bit. Like i was watching rambo and i could only focus my attention on a small part of the screen at any one time, i couldnt see the whole picture, i also had these trails at the periphery of my vision when i was riding in a car while tripping, but thats about it.

I was a little dissapointed not to have any crazy visions after i had taken the shrooms, i kinda hoped i would................... maybe next time.

Does anyone know do different varities cause different visuals? and if so what kind are good to try?

Definitely depends how much you take, and how sensitive you are..

The Mexican's are usually fun and playful - tripping them I've seen walls move backwards and forwards, lamps lurch towards me, clouds turn into geometric shapes, rugs change from 2d into 3d, really nice closed-eye kaleidoscope-style visuals (especially if taking them outside, on a nice sunny day), marble surfaces turn into flowing rivers, friends' faces morph from obese to thin-looking etc. Of course, these are just warped interpretations of things that are already there; I don't believe I've ever seen any hallucinations of things that aren't actually there ie ghosts, objects.

The biggest thing I ever felt was when I took too much Thai in Amsterdam once, and had an out-of-body experience. I don't mean I floated out of my body to the roof, and looked down at myself(!); it was more spiritual than that.. I believe it referred to as "ego death". I got a look into "the matrix" and to be honest, it took me a good few days to get over it. I thought I'd never take shrooms again, but now I have a lot more respect for the power of them, and because of that they treat me well!

Yep, you have to take quite a bit of them first. The first level of hallucination would be visual effects like seeing tracers, rainbow colored edgest to things, glitter in people's eyes, walls which appear slightly liquidy, as if you were looking at them underwater. The next stage up from that is seeing geometric designed laid overtop of things, looking in the mirror and seeing your face morph, closing your eyes and seeing a kaleidescope of bright unfolding designs. I have never seen anything that absolutely wasn't there, like hallucinated a wild animal or person that wasn't there.

what i found after reading alot about psychedellic drugs and related hallucinations and the using these drugs, is that reading about these experiences did not give a true understanding of the nature of pschedellic experiences.

I have had various hallucinations, but like other contris, i have never seen anything that wasnt truely there, but still good hallucinations, such as bright colours, trails, swirling, etc. As impressive but underated are the "mental hallucinations" one can experience on this drug. also worth a mention i guess is the thought that one may not notice a hallucination if it is not out of the ordinary.

Yes, shrooms make you hallucinate..but it all depends on the person and of course te mushroom itself.

Read my story at the Bad trips forum, I wrote down what hallucinations I saw during a bad trip..

The first two times I did mushies I did brews and they made me feel a bit stoned but nothing else cos there simply weren't enough mushies in it.

...However after my last experiences on shrooms I can say that they definitley do make you trip.

:D :)

I agree with most of the people here. I've never seen anything that wasn't really there. It's more distortions of what IS there. 'Mental hallucinations' are probably more frequent and just as fascinating. Eg. I have lost awareness of my body and I'm just 'a soul in space'. These are the sorts of things that are most difficult to explain. It's easy to say 'colours are brighter' or 'the walls seemed to be moving'. But to explain to someone some of these 'mental hallucinations' is more difficult (or even impossible).

Visions like that..Acid my friend.. But shrooms make you hallucinate for sure. I remember my friend said he saw some dirt on the ground twirl like a tornado and turn into a indian, then winked at him. Pretty crazy.

Back