?Mushroom Tea?

cvick

I've consumed shrooms in many ways but have never used

perhaps one of the more common methods:tea. When making

a tea should the:

1. shrooms be left whole or ground?

2. Temp. be kept low or does it matter(approx. temp)

3. dosage be raised/lowered (how would you measure a dose, do all actives release-is some potency lost?)

4. Should the mushroom be eaten after steeping them or do they still hold any actives?

Also I am wondering can this tea be sipped through out the experience to lengthen or highten the high. How long will this tea keep, can it be frozen?

Hi!

I've never tried tea either, but according to these http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_prep2.shtml recipies:

1. The shrooms should be chopped up

2. Pour the water over the shrooms once it has boiled and cooled slightly, or before it boils.

3. According to the author of the recipies there is no potency loss, but I personally find this hard to believe since you'd be exposing them to quite extreme heat...

4. You can either eat the remains or make another batch or two of tea out of them. Apparently though, most of the active components should be extracted in the first strain.

As for freezing, I really don't have a clue. Someone asked a similar question a while back and didn't get an answer.

I know that freezing fresh shroom is bad cos they pretty much disintegrate, but freezing dry shrooms in an airtight container is okay. From that I suppose you could either deduce that:

a. freezing doesn't actually damage the active components, only the texture of fresh shrooms OR

b. freezing doesn't damage the active components as long as there's no water present.

Anyone know which is right? :)

Let me just say this, I use the tea method 95% of the time I do shrooms. I use twice the amount that it would take a normal tripper. Only because I love the hardcore visuals, and that mind altering state!

But anyway I just boil the shrooms till the water is dark purple and it starts to foam. I also don't stop stirring for very long. But yeah chop the shrooms up and then just boil em. Make a pot of tea but just the tea don't add the extra water (you water is the shroom juice)! You can add sugar, it doesn't hurt, well not that I have noticed. Then get some ice and shroom tea in a large cup and chug it. Keep the boiled shrooms you can boil them atleast 2 more times! But they get weaker and weaker!

It will keep for like an hour or two. Althoe I have had friends tell me it last a lot longer, like 2 or 3 weeks, but I have yet to have a gallon last that long! BTW I am using P. Cubensis. so different shrooms may act differently when exposed to that much heat.

Boiling shrooms will decrease their potency. Add them after boiling for the best effects.

Let the water cool of for a few minutes, then add a teabag, add the crushed shrooms and let them steep for 10-15 minutes. Then drink the tea slowly to let it be absorbed toroughly by the glands in your mouth. eat the remaining shroom and chew as well as possible.

I was once always abundant in my supply. I would throw fresh shrooms into a pot, as many as would fit, fill it with water and steep the hell out of them. I wasn't too sure about the destroyed psyli at the time, but it isn't matter. When I thought that the shoorms had yielded all the would, I had a swampy green stew that atually had some sort of etherial glow. Let's call it St. Elmo's fire. Anyway, I would add that to any of my favorite drinks....usually tea--iced or hot. I did leave the shrooms in the liquid and left their consumtion to chance. The spent stems and caps were aptly named "slugs". During these abundant times, I was able to experiment with all sorts of culinary combinations. For the longest time, I would simply fry the shrooms up with garlic and salt, then sop them up with a slice of bread-while hot is best. I think there was a wonderful level of understanding achieved with the freeness that the abundance offered. I felt like I wasn't actually taking something to go somewhere, rather, I had fully incorporated the experience into one of my basic life routines...gustation. If it were common for every family to slice shrooms on their dinner salad, the world would be better. At least there would be a cool, green hue about it.

Alright all you shroom tea recipe wannabes, Let the master explain how it is really done...

You will need a large pot, tea bags (earl grey, rasberry, orange, etc.), water, honey and coffee mugs.

In the large pot add two coffee mugs full of water for each person shrooming (water will evaporate as it heats). Set on stove top on medium-high heat. Add one-eighth of shrooms per person and simmer. Let it sit on the stove until the shrooms begin to drop to the bottom of the pot. This is when you will know that the entire potency of the shrooms have been absorbed into the water. It usually takes about 20 minutes, but just like pot-butter, the longer it simmers the better. After about 30 mins. cut the shrooms up a bit and pour into separate coffee mugs for each person. The shrooms will have no value since all the good stuff is now in the water but you can put them in the bottom of the cup for effect. I wouldn't eat them, but it's up to you. Put a tea bag in each cup and add some honey. Enjoy!

Back