shroom long term

dankpilgrim

Im a 19 year old who can conservatively say ive tripped over 70 times. I started doing this at the age of 17. Living in Florida in a redneck town with hundreds of cow pastures it was one of the funnest things to do. I normally consume anywhere form 7 to 25 mushrooms a trip now and somtimes do it multiple times a week. Ive only had a few bad trips when i first started. Now, I can control myself for the most part, and the trips are ten times more pleasureable then they used to be. Lately, my friends and I have been leaveing the security of our homes and doing things outdoors like fishing and shrooming. its somthing that definitely has to be experienced, a big change from the tectronic music and glowsticks which are alittle more mind boggling. anyways my only question is, do shrooms ahve any long term effects on the body.

Thanks

Peoples have been doing shrooms for thousands of years, if there was some major long term physical affects I'm sure you'd have heard bout it. Although mentally I doubt ya ever gonna be the same again, wat was it Timothy Leary said "once the doors of perception have been opened they can never be fully shut" or some sh*t like that.

I ain't gonna argue wit ya as to who said it, just cus he was talkin bout Mescalin dosen't mean it don't apply to other phsycho-active substances. I think this applies to mushrooms as well. Mushrooms and acid will open your doors of perception, and once open you can never truly close them again. They are more than a purely recreational drug. Although I agree Mescalin will open em wider than shrooms ever could.

i couldn't disagree more--while i think shrooms are fantastic, i don't think there is anything at all mystical or spiritual about them. everything they do can be explained in terms of neurotransmitters. the brain is a machine, albeit a very complicated one, not a labyrinth with locked doors.

Treybihchan, a very similar point is being discussed in this thread:

https://sjamaan.com/forum/threads/how-pay-the-money.650/

I agree that the influence of shrooms can be described in terms of neurological activity, and that the brain is a 'rational' system (although I'd say an more of ecosystem than a machine).

However, any mystical phenomenon is also a function of neurological activity, so why should shrooms not be considered mystical?

rewbs, i agree, mystical experiences are definetely a result of neurological activities, whether they be gregorian monks chanting or a yogi meditating on OM--I like to think that my skepticism is widespread enough to include these experiences as well as magic mushrooms ;)

Back