The worst, best trip ever

This is just an account of my first experience with shrooms, but i would not mind some feed back.

I am a 22 year old college student. I have done plenty of weed and drank copious amounts of alcohol in my day, but before this weekend i have never done hallucinagenics. Well i was excited, i figured my mind was in the right mindset so me and a friend went ahead. Now i do not actually know how much i did, the shrooms where in big chunks of chocolate. We both ate one, the i proceeded to smoke one deep bowl of weed. Everything was fine, we were laughing and tripping our asses off. So we decided to do another half of bar each. well what seemed to be a life time good things went bad. I think i encountered every bad side effect possible. We were listening to tool, and for awhile it was great but then it got to be too much. We were watching tool videos, and i can not tell you what that will do to you. I had to shut them off because everything was to intense, i mean everything. the room was ever expanding, time was infinate. The best way to describe my state was that i was out of my body, but it was nausiated, but i could not techiqually feel my body. All of time excisted as one, i was stuck in dream and memory state. I had a panic attack, i became violently cold. Both of us we in ruff shape and this was after 4hrs. we couldn't talk or move, the best way i can think of it was that i died. The scariest thought was not be infinite, it was that of being infinite. It felt like this was forever, and let me tell you that idea is much harder to swallow than not existing. Sleeping was out of the question, if i closed my eyes and sleep i thought i was dead, that's it. Half way through this all i went into the bathroom, the small room became huge. Well i looked in the mirro, i felt i was staring at it forever, but it was probably 2 minutes. in the mirror i saw the room bathed in blue, then green , and finally yellow light. The light began to intensify it faded me out, i was in nothingness, i believe seeing "god" is the best way to describe it. We both tried to come down by watching tv. It was so hard , it was like watching it in really time. And commericials were so obvious in there evil nature. The way they provoke competion and the need for things that we don't. I could literally feel that there was a system working against me. Well i didn't come half down till 5 in the morning and we started at 9:30. sleep for 3 hours at the most. well to make a long story even longer. i thought i would never do shrooms again, i thought i was never going to wake up from the insanity. But know i the bad trip was the best kind. Life will never be the same, i have the feeling that there is no point in anything, but in a good way. It is hard to explain. To finish this epic i want to say that i am naturally a lucid dreamer but since i did shrooms i get the same effect when i sleep, i am awake but not and i get the feeling that i am out of my body and eternal, and timeless is more of the reality. Well sorry for the novel but none of my friends ever had the experience i had and i had to say something to somebody. Email me if you have any insights into this odessy.

email

spacedog82@hotmail.com

It is very likely that the dose that you had was X times the normal dose. I have heard lotts of accounts like yours after mega-dosing. You have learned something priceless the hard way. What I have heard from most other people having such experiences after mega-dosing is that they absolutely did not enjoy the experience, but came out with a intuitive insight, a new look upon the world and a very positive feeling towards life. Do you feel this way?

lo, i'd just like to say that some of my most harsh trips, ones that most people (and me at the time) would consider a bad trip, have always been the most beneficial and life changing, i feel they've made me a better person, i'm more caring and appriciative of my friends, family and life in general, i guess you could say it's a little like having a near death experience, for the few hours of evil madness, and pure disbelief of what's happening to you, you can get some thing that changes you for life, it all depends on how you interpret your experience, you need to digest it over a few days or weeks, not just say 'that was a bad trip, i'm not doing that again' and then just brush it off and try and forget it, if you do that then no good came of it, you went through 5-8 hours of hell for nothing... any ways i'm ranting now

have fun, be safe, peace...

I think one of the intrinsic problems with experiences like the one above is that many first time shroomers use weed as their reference point ( I know I did). They figure if 3 bong hits feels better then 2, and 4 better then 3, and the worst that can happen is you smoke yourself sober, then F it! Let's just eat the whole bag of shrooms and see what happens. People don't realize how powerful true hallucinagenics can be. You're not just altering your mood, you are altering your reality in every way measureable way. So many people lump shrooms in with other "recreational" drugs and don't give them the respect they deserve.

OOOO (aka spacedog82), I hope you have not been permenantly scared off of mushrooms because of this experience. Imagine doing the same amount of shrooms again only this time knowing what you are doing. Knowing where you want to go. Knowing what you want to see and feel. Talk about lucid dreaming!

Back