Trips

SHROOMS

I am 14. Would taking mushrooms affect my brain worse then a fully developed humans? The fact the my brain is not fully developed, could this contribute to the possibility of me experiencing a bad trip?

Unfortunately, there's no simple answer to that question.

Shrooms affect everyone's brain in the sense that they cause a temporary imbalance of chemicals, but the actual damage should be non existant (or at least undetectable by today's standards ;) if you are healthy when you take them.

But they can cause psychological changes in everyone, young and old. The fact that you are 14 might mean that you are more likely to be 'touched' by the 'revelations' brought on by the perceptual changes. I'm sure if you read this forum you'll come accross Teri's story which describes the worst case scenario when this happens. But I have many friends who took small doses at similar ages to yours, had a great time full of giggles, and then continued a perfectly normal life.

If you do take shrooms, make sure you read up about them thouroughly, are 100% sure they are the right kind, and start with 1g. Do not take more than 2g on your first go.

I have no regrets for not tripping at your age as I consider that a psyche needs to be almost fully developed first before tooling around with psychedelics.

Back