USING / DANGERS / HEALTH /EFFECTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

ARE FLY AGARIC / AMNITA'S THE SAME AS PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOMS?

Hi my name is gary i want to try some magic mushrooms , one of my friend who knows about shrroms has said that if i pick the fly agaric mushrooms (red with white bobbles on) and knock the bobble off and peel off the skin i can eat little bits of it and get the same affect as liberty caps is this true?? and if i did do it would it be harmfull ( p.s also he sais the only poisonous bit is the skin . can you please email me at gazdaman18@hotmail.com. i would be very gratefull . thank you

THE EFFECT OF FLY AGARIC (AMANITA MUSCARIA) IS DIFFRENT FROM LIBERTY CAPS

ARE MORNING GLORY SEEDS THE SAME AS PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOMS??

i heard if you eat morning glory seeds you can get a good trip, is that true has anyone ever tried it? i wanted to try it because my mom was planning on planting them in the yard, all i knnow is that you bake them. ive also tried shrooms before and it was pretty great! i tried it with my boyfriend and while we were walking to my house down the street the lightpole started dancing and the sky was turning colors.

NEVER TRIED MORNING GLORY. I THINK IT IS DIFFRENT FROM MM'S. THE ACTIVE COMPOUND IN MG IS LSA,IN MUSHIES PSILOCYBIN

DARK GREEN MOLD ON DRY SHROOMS
(1)
I got a couple eighths of shrooms last week. I shared one bag with my bro the other day and we had a fantastic trip. In the second bag, a few shrooms have fairly large areas of dark green mold (on the caps and stems). I'm wondering, are these still safe to eat?

!!! DONT EAT THEM, THE MOULD MAY BE POISONOUS!!
(2)
Can I cut out the mold and eat what's left? There's pictures of the mentioned mold at this link:

here

!!! YOU CAN GIVE IT TRY, BUT THERE IS STILL A CHANCE YOU WILL GET SICK. CLEAN ONE AND EAT SOME OF IT CLOSE THE REMOVED MOLD. IT'S A CRUDE TEST, THOUGH (dikkie)

Last edited by a moderator:
hi dick! i was thinking of engaging in a new substance, shrooms that is. And my girlfriend is worried. i have heard stories of people who have had "bad trips" on say LSD, and they never come out of it. i was wondering if this is at all possible when taking shrooms? thanks for your time! Ben

NASTY EXPERIENCES ARE POSSIBLE
SHROOMS MAY UNMASK 'HIDDEN' MENTAL PROBLEMS
WHEN U HAVE A BAD EXPERIENCE, YOU DONT WILL GOOD AFTERWARDS
SEE THE SECTION ON DANGERS OF MAGIC-MUSHROOMS.NET
(DIKKIE)

Can I cut out the mold and eat what's left? There's pictures of the mentioned mold at this link:

I think it's ok to do,
dikkie

What do you guys have to say about eating the shrooms and then smoking a blunt? Or do you prefer just eating the shrooms and enjoying them alone? Thanks
=========
JUST WAIT AND SEE,
if you feel like smoking, smoke
dikkie

hi,
I recently took mushrooms for the first time. i weigh about 120 and am 5'8, but i took a small amount, less than a half eigth oz. of shrooms. the experience was great! the problem is that for the last week, i still see tracers, and its freakingme out. will this ever go away? they're not as extreme as while tripping and i'm thinkin that maybe i've always seen'm just i notice them more now. also, letters seem to jump out a little more while reading. can anyone help?? i'm getting nervouse cuz i'd really like to do it again. also i've smoked bud a couple of times since, and thats when its the most extreme. should i stop smoking for a while? please give me some comphort!

-jesse

Hi Jesse,
Please relax and realize no one gets out alive. You have a life and have begun to question the walls that are all around you. This is a good thing, yet it is a scary thing.
It is ok for the walls to go away, no one likes a prison. Yet freedom is scary, because we are not used to it. Please allow it to happen. It is ok to see things that no one else sees. It is ok to be free. Yet it is not the normal life that your parents had in mind for you.
How ever it came to be, you have opened a door. Yes, you could close it and run away, or you could embrace it and grow from your experience and knowledge. The choose is yours.
No, life will never be the same, you will see things and understand things in ways that no one else does. You are no longer one of the pack. That is scary!
Yet now you can choose to be a leader, and spread the awareness that you have gained, to others.
Sure some will no longer trust you. Some will say you are crazy. Those who truly love being one of the pack will be scared of your independance.
Yet you will have become more aware, more conscious of your life and the walls that want you to stop becoming all you can be.
You have my sympathy. It is not easy when you first begin down this path. But I personally ask you to think about this life that you have been given. It was a gift that you have received free of cost, with no obligation required. What you do with that gift is between you and your GOD. You will not live forever, and to quote Jim Morrison of the Doors, noone gets out alive.
When all is said and done, and you are questioned about the life that you were allowed to live, how will you respond? Will it be a period of self indulgence, or will you be able to show that you have given back some of the gift that you have been given?
NOONE GETS OUT ALIVE!!!! Make it count!!!
A fellow traveler,
bob

-------------
We are all in school, life is but a test, may we all help each other, do our best!!!!

Hello,
I have tripped some were in the middle of 45-60 times this year,and I didn't spread out the trips either.I also donated blood and trip big no no. I plan on not doing them anymore. I was wondering why is it that when I look at things now when I am on anything that intoxicates me I feel like I am triping and I have still have very vauge visuals. Does the posions stay in your brain? And should I stop doing all drugs?
==
yeah i have the same kind of thing but i just see tracers after one trip. i explained it in the last post below yours. if anyone has info on this please help
==
REPLY 1
==
If you are talking about LSD then it probably works like this: Alice does not directly affect your brain. It is absorbed by the glands in your mouth. This causes your body to produce a substance that is truely psychedelic. This affects the seretonin(5HT-2) receptors in your brain.
My guess is, after tripping several times, you learn to produce this substance without taking LSD and you are able to controll this. I am.
This is also claimed to be the cause of flashbacks.

can shrooms cause brain damage, even in small amounts? because some of the mushroom effects are still with me a week after the trip

PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOMS DO NOT (!!) CAUSE BRAIN DAMAGE
WHEN TAKEN OCCASIONALLY
(DIKKIE)

Muscular Dystrophy AND MAGHIC MUSHROOMS
==========================================

I have a friend who has a muscle disease known as Muscular Dystrophy. People with this disease have very weak muscles
which affects all the muscles including the heart and lungs. My friend wants to try shrooms (psilocybin mushrooms) and
I'm concerned that it would hurt him physically since he has weaker heart and lungs. He also takes medication. Enalapril
(10MG, taken twice a day) and Digitek (.25 MG, once a day). It is heart medicine. Would taking shrooms cause greater
physical risk to him than others? If you can answer these questions, it would really help me out a lot. thanks.

HI,
THIS IS A VERY SPECIFIC MEDICAL QUESTION.
I'M AFRAID I'M NOT QUALIFIED TO ANSWER THIS.
WHAT I CAN SAY IS THE FOLLOWING:

MUSHROOMS MAY GIVE A CARDIVASCULAR PUSH, MEANING RISING HARTBEAT AND BLOODPRESSURE. SO, IF THIS IS A PROBLEM HE SHOULD NOT TAKE.

ALSO check out:
http://www.mdausa.org/experts/index.php

DIKKIE

NEUROLOGICAL EFFECTS???
I would love to know how shrooms give you the high that they do. I've heard a few things, like it flooding your liver so that it cant process all the toxins in your body and that the high comes from these toxins. I've also heard something about it constricting blood vessels in the brain... I've also heard that shrooms do damage to your liver (along the lines of 1 really big bender, or a few nights of regular drinking).

If you could shed some light on this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanx, Whistler

!!! IT HAS TO DO WITH SO CALLED NEUROTRANSMITTERS.
WHAT EXACTLY IS HAPPENING NOBODY KNOWS. MOST PROBABLY THE NEUROTRANSMITTERS SEROTONINE AND DOPAMINE ARE INVOLVED. I WILL LOOK INTO IT IN THE NEAR FUTURE AND PUBLISH WHAT I LEARN AT THE SITE
(dikkie) !!!!

Is it ok to eat MM that have been stored for about two weeks? in other words to mushrooms go bad?

FRESH MUSHROOMS (EXECPT FOR THE TRUFFLES) WILL GO BAD IN ABOUT A WEEK. DRY MUSHROOMS, STORED IN AN AIRTHIGHT CONTAINER AND A COOL PLACE WILL BE ALRIGHT FOR MONTHS.

My Friend gave me some shrooms about two weeks ago from today, i could not do them becuase of stuff i had to do ... i have had the sealed in a zip lock bag since then and i want to take them this weekend, are they still ok to take? they have been stored in my closet since then which has been room temp. Also when i go the mushrooms they where not "fresh"they where already dried out and hard i guess you could say. What should i do?

Quote: Originally posted by Guest on Nov-30-02
NEUROLOGICAL EFFECTS???
I would love to know how shrooms give you the high that they do. I've heard a few things, like it flooding your liver so that it cant process all the toxins in your body and that the high comes from these toxins. I've also heard something about it constricting blood vessels in the brain... I've also heard that shrooms do damage to your liver (along the lines of 1 really big bender, or a few nights of regular drinking).

If you could shed some light on this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanx, Whistler

!!! IT HAS TO DO WITH SO CALLED NEUROTRANSMITTERS.
WHAT EXACTLY IS HAPPENING NOBODY KNOWS. MOST PROBABLY THE NEUROTRANSMITTERS SEROTONINE AND DOPAMINE ARE INVOLVED. I WILL LOOK INTO IT IN THE NEAR FUTURE AND PUBLISH WHAT I LEARN AT THE SITE
(dikkie) !!!!

Hi,
basically what mushrooms do is, they act like a certain neurotransmitter in the brain. These neurotransmitters have the purpose of blocking and increasing signals that pass through the braincells.
The effect of the mushrooms is to decrease the blocking going on in the braincells so that less signals are filtered away and you become more aware of things you would never have been aware of before. The brain normally will filter all unnecessary information out of your line of thought and keep you on a straigt track. On mushrooms this filtering is turned of so you can think in a way your natural filtering mechanism would never allow you to normally.
If there are a lot of people around you it can get very overwhelming because the brain cannot concentrate on everything going on as it is too much information and is not being filtered at all. So you should try and seek quiet places.
The psilocybin leaves your system after about 4-8 hours and then the brain functions in the natural way again apart from the memories that you take with you from the mushroom trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back