CAN SHROOMS KILL YOU???

I've never heard of anyone dying as a direct result of shrooms. The most I've taken is 30g of fresh Mexicana (sp?) and I was fine. Although last weekend I took 15g and ended up puking 6 times over an hour and a half. Nasty nasty.

i tried shrooms a couple of weeks ago and i thourght i could fly and it was like being a little child again because i was amazed by everything i saw, and it was gd because i was surrounded by some of my closest friends so we watched kill bill and i could not stop laughing in the scene when lucy liu and the bride are in the snowy garden and that wooden water feature keeps going up and down, but when my friends left i was left with my other friend who was sitting for us as it was her house and she wasn't as nearly as happy as i was and i got soo happy that i didn't like it and when i went 2 sleep i had a really weird dream that showed me the future of what wud happen if i smoked too much dope lol .....mebe i should listen....NAH dope is toooo cool:( :eek:

1. The 'RIGHT' shrooms (Psilocybes) cannot kill you 'chemically', you cannot OD on them (possible exception, see point#2), the only risk is that you will do something silly while on them that kills you. This is a risk with any psychoactive drug (alcohol, pot etc)... I would advise anyone that has been diagnosed with mental problems (schizophrenia or deppression etc) to steer clear of shrooms, and advise anyone that is going to do shrooms to have a straight person around to 'mind' you, unless you're VERY experienced, and are not taking a massive dose. See the post at the shroomery.org re a recent tragedy occurred whereby a 19 YO shroomer bolted out of the shower and leapt through a window plumetting to his death from ten stories up. Even a straight minder probably could not have stopped this happening, I would not advise anyone shrooming to do it in a potentially dangerous place (like ten stories up, or a natural setting where there are deep hole/ mineshafts etc around), to be on the safe side.

2. A very valid point was made earlier in this forum and I was impressed with the subsequent advice, re 'mixing' prescribed drugs with shrooms. The effects of mixing shrooms with the myriad prescription drugs out there these days are simply unknown/ unresearched, and there is a real possibility that certain combinations could be deadly. The psilocin may react with the drug such that the potency/ physiological effects of the prescription drug are magnified, possibly (though unlikely) to a fatal extent. Also, though less likely in my humble but reasonably informed opinion, the prescription drug may interact with the psilocin/ psilocybin to create a chemical variant, that COULD be fatal. It is simply unknown, and I would advise anyone on a prescription drug to steer clear of shrooms, or at the very least experiment with MINUTE doses (less than 1 fresh shroom or 1 fresh gram) that are not enough to even cause any psychoactivity, but will be enough to see if the combination is volatile (read, potentially deadly). And increase the dose GRADUALLY... (by say, 1 gram each time). Safest, of course, to wait until you're off the prescription drug, if that is foreseeable.

3. Some of the 'wrong' (non Psilocybe) shrooms can kill you, which is why it is paramount to get an informed ID on any shroom you plan to eat... again, the shroomery.org is a fantastic place for advice/ ID's etc, you can post pictures there (unlike this site where you can only post a link to a picture ?!? Whacked!!!), and there is a heap of really well informed/ experienced peeps there that are very resposive to queries, just make sure you read the forum rules before posting, and supply as much info about the shroom as you can (country/ state, habitat/ substrate it was found on, bruising reaction, spore-print colour/ picture, size of shroom etc)...

Hope this helps...

And btw, 'PinkBuffalo', your assertion that "yes they can any type of mushrooms are poison. every mushroom is poison including psycidelics" is just plain and absolute rubbish, and should be ignored by all. Your statement would include the myriad of mushrooms sold in supermarkets for consumption, and there are simply ZERO toxins present in most of these... a few may contain extremely TINY amounts of toxins, but are nonetheless completely safe, which is why they are sold without ANY warning advising you not to eat too many. If you have no idea what you are talking about, you should not 'advise' people with misguided crap.

FINALLY, shroomers have been mixing alcohol and pot into their shroom experience for decades, and this combination is safe, chemically speaking; no potentially dangerous chemical variants are formed in the body when these are mixed... that is not to say though, that the psychological effects of mixing these are completely safe for everyone, again my main concern would be for peeps with a history of mental instability, that really should steer clear of shrooms...

Last time a did shrooms was a couple of weeks ago and a few days after i had a joint before i went to bed and a few seconds after it finished i sat back on my bed and everything started to become blurry and i saw spinning circles everywhere this only lasted a couple of minutes but that had never happend 2 me before when smokin pot......i blame the shrooms???

Download "the mushroom song " by "emininem" and tell me what you think, did the girl kill herself due to weird hallucinations or did she overdose....?

SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

and "suboriginal" why should peeps who suffer from depression stay clear of shrooms coz i have suffered from manic depression and i did shrooms and i was fine....i still get depressed from time to time but i don't really get why peeps who are depressed should stay clear from them?????:eek: :confused:

Yep, point humbly accepted GHfairy, I overstated that a bit... I would still not advise anyone that is actually in the midst of a bout of depression to have shrooms though, especially not by themselves ...

There is a lot of misinformation in this topic: Psilocybe are not poisonous. You need about a room full of mushrooms for a toxic dose. The articles mentioned above are pure B.S.
We are translating a official document, that assesses the risks involved with psilocybe mushrooms. The document is made by the Dutch government and part of the UN risk assasments on drugs. It will be publicly available in the near future.
Bottom line is: Psilocybe Mushrooms pose low risk to personal health, minor risk to public health and low risk to public order. They can however trigger latent psychosis, which would surface later anyway.
For this reason I would advise against use of psilocybe mushrooms by people with psychiatric history.

too much of anything can kill you, its all about your tolerance levels. anyone who tells you that shrooms can not kill you is an ignorant fool

I took over 30g of fresh(ish) ones on my first real try. I absolutely lost it for a while but it was still very enjoyable. I didnt really know what I was doing, and I dont reccomend anyone does this much for their first time. Im just grateful that you cant really OD on shrooms or i would have been done for.

Hell yeah Rewbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People are so ignorant. People are so stupid. People are such naive idiots. People are always telling me stuff like im gonna die from doing mushrooms or they are reall unhealthy for me and they look down on me for that as if them getting piss-drunk is not dangerous. I even took the effort to printing an anti-drug excerpt from a govermental website which it says that the only effects of mushrooms are hallucinations, increased blood pressure, sweating and nausea. I put it in my school binder and whip it out when any ignorant-insignificant-dumbass tells me otherwise. I've boned up on magic mushrooms so much.

Dont ever listen to someone who tells you that you are gonna die from magic mushrooms pur se, unless they have an excerpt from an official anti-drug website stateing the number of deaths caused from real magic mushrooms.

Again, kudos to Rewbs

The most commonly used mushrooms mbluestain smoothcap p. cubensis has an lcd-50 (thats how much of anything it takes to kill you) of well above 20 pounds. Just like marijuana an OVERDOSE is physically impossible on that one strain.

HOWEVER fly agaric could easily kill you, also freaking out and getting hit by a car could kill you. USE A SITTER

Magic mushrooms are the most amazing drug there is. They are inexpensive, non-addictive, all natural, and have none of the horrible lasting effects of the similar- yet more powerful chemical drug, LSD. But as amazing as they can be, you must have respect for the drug and follow the rules. After reading through much of this website, I have found that not all the rules are listed plainly enough for all experimenting and confused viewers to read. So, listed chronologically, from the period of time before you take the mushrooms-to those last 30 minutes to an hour of laying down after coming down and trying to get to sleep; here are THE RULES

RULES ON TAKING SHROOMS:

1.BECAUSE THE SLIGHTEST NEGATIVE OCCOURANCE CAN RUIN A GOOD TRIP, PLAN OUT YOUR DAY BEFORE INGESTING SHROOMS. IF YOU HAVE TO TRIP IN A HOUSE, BE ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE THAT THERE WILL BE NO PARENTAL CONTACT. FREE YOUR DAY FROM ANY RESPONSIBILITIES, AS EVEN SOMETHING AS HARMLESS AS HAVING TO FEED YOUR DOG, IF DWELLED UPON, CAN HAVE NEGATIVE EFFECTS. Personally, I much prefer shroomin' in a natural setting... my best trips have been on camping trips with my friends- it gives you a chance to really be "one with nature"

2.One of the questions I've read here was whether or not shrooms can kill you.This question relates to my second and possibly most important rule...NEVER DRINK BEFORE OR DURING THE INGESTION OF MUSHROOMS. ALTHOUGH IT IS TRUE THAT ALCOHOL MAGNIFIES THE EFFECT, THERE IS NO CERTAIN AMOUNT TO TAKE, AND IN MANY CASES THIS ABUSE OF MUSHROOMS HAS LEAD TO DEATH.I personally know of three cases: Two college students, non-related, have died of heart failure(they were people that a couple of my friends knew). And one person, that was my very good friend, was hospitalized after trying this and was legally dead for 12 seconds (heart stopped). Fortunately, he was extremely lucky to live to tell the story. If you want to magnify the effect and are comfortable with the drug, then i suggest drinking a few swigs of robitussin, and taking 4-8 pills of vitamin C-(prolongs the effect). Oh, and I've found that theres nothing wrong with drinking after you begin to come down... but drink in moderation.

3.Every time I have taken shrooms, I have gone through what I call the "first phase". This is the sickly, drowsy, butterflies in the stomach, punch in the gut kinda feeling that I'm sure everyone gets shortly after taking mushrooms. My guess is that this is just the process of your stomach breaking down and adapting to the poisons you have just consumed. Many first time users confuse this occourance with a bad trip, and in turn dwell on that negative thought and turn it into a bad trip. BUT THE FIRST PHASE OF DISCOMFORT IS COMPLETELY NORMAL AND HARMLESS. If it begins to worry you, just stay calm, look around, and take deep breaths... It usually passes after 5-10 minutes.

4.SHROOMERS DONT MIX WELL WITH DRUNKS. AVOID HAGIN' OUT WITH YOUR DRUNK FRIEND OR GOING TO A PARTY WHEN YOU'RE SHROOMIN. I HAVE SEEN THIS MIXTURE OF PEOPLE, SURROUNDINGS, AND NOISES RUIN MANY GOOD TRIPS... AND OUT OF MY MORE THAN 30 TIMES OF TAKING MUSHROOMS, THIS WAS WHAT LED TO MY ONE AND ONLY BAD TRIP. All the bad noise, constant mindless blabbering, inability to control speech volumes, and sometimes violent tendencies that comes with drinking booze can cause the simple, vulnerable, and fragile mind of a shroomer to lose control and plunge into a make-shift state of absolute hell.

5.IF THIS DOES EVER HAPPEN TO ONE OF YOU, DO NOT RUN! Once you snap you are almnost in an animal state of mind, you may feel the need to flee, but instead of answering this primal urge, the best thing to do is to JUST LAY DOWN. People will notice and try to help, and more importantly, you wont end up breaking into anyones house or yard, getting arrested or hospitalized.

6.IF ARRESTED OR HOSPITALIZED, PLEAD INSANITY. In almost any case, you cannot be convicted for something you didnt do. And if you dont remember participatingin the events that led to your hospitalization, then you didnt do it. The best thing to do is be honest- tell the doctor you took shrooms and nothing else, and that you dont remember a thing... and for those of you that "cannot tell a lie" that would be a good time to start. Then all ya gotta do is take a piss test and you're outta there.

7.Bad trips are caused by dwelling on negative thoughts. Shrooms magnify the hell out of what you're feeling- Thats one of the reasons why i love them so much; I've learned to control how I feel on shrooms. Thats why good trips are so good, and bad trips are f**king horrible. And after taking shrooms many times with many different people, I have learned through my prospective experience a few of the basic reasons why people have bad trips. So, WHEN TAKING SHROOMS, a)DONT DWELL ON NEGATIVE THOUGHTS; b)DONT EVER WANT THE TRIP TO STOP,EVEN IF ITS BAD; c)DONT WORRY ABOUT A THING, CUZ EVERY LITTLE THING IS GONNA BE ALRIGHT; d)ROLL WITH THE PUNCHES.

8.IF YOU COME INTO CONTACT WITH AN AUTHORITY FIGURE OR CONCERNED OUTSIDER, STAY CALM. TRY TO TALK AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE AND DONT TRY TO EXPLAIN YOURSELF. SHROOMERS CAN RELATE TO EACHOTHER AND MOST THE TIME UNDERSTAND EACHOTHER, BUT TO A STRAIGHT-EDGED, IGNORANT, AND CONFUSED PASSER-BY... YOU ARE NOTHING MORE THAN A POSSIBLY DANGEROUS INSANE BABBLING LUNATIC. If you have ever tried to talk to a shroomer when you were sober, you know what im talking about.

9.IF YOU ARE NORMALLY PARANOID WHEN SMOKING POT, I DO NOT RECOMMEND SMOKING BEFORE SHROOMING. BUT IF MARIJUANA NORMALLY CALMS YOU DOWN, THEN BY ALL MEANS TOKE UP. GANJA WONT ENHANCE THE TRIP, BUT IT CAN HELP WITH YOUR SHROOMER MENTALITY. AND IF YOU'VE EVER HEARD THAT SMOKING SHROOMS WORKS AND FEEL LIKE TRYING IT- DONT BOTHER...YOU'LL JUST WASTE YOUR SHROOMS AND GET A MOUTHFULL OF NASTY

10.AND FINALLY, DEPENDING ON YOUR METABOLISM, TAKE YOUR SHROOMS IN MODERATION AND BE CAREFUL. IF YOU TRUST YOUR SHROOM CONNEC. AND NORMALLY GET QUALITY SHROOMS, YOU'LL NEVER NEED MORE THAN 1.525-3.5 GRAMS(A HALF-EIGHTH TO AN EIGHTH) IFTHEY ARE LOW-GRADE SHROOMS, ITS SAFE TO TAKE A FULL EIGHTH, WAIT AND HOUR, THEN CONTINUE TO CHOMP BASED ON HOW MUCH THEY ARE AFFECTING YOU. NEVER EVER EVER TAKE MORE THAN 6 GRAMS, LOW-GRADE OR NOT. My friend kim has a friend in Eastlake that on one occasion took way too many shrooms. Sadly, the poisons collected in her brain and destroyed it. She lived through that crisis four years ago, but is still severely mentally retarded to this day. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE RESPECT FOR THE DRUG, IT WILL COME BACK TO BITE YOU IN THE ASS!!!

AND ANOTHER THING, IT IS COMPLETELY UNSAFE TO TAKE SHROOMS, THEN TAKE THEM AGAIN WITHIN A THREE DAY PERIOD.

I MYSELF LIKE TO SHROOM ONCE A WEEK FOR TWO WEEKS, THEN TAKE A DESCENT BREAK. I DO NOT RECOMMEND CONTINUOUS WEEKLY USE FOR MORE THAN THREE WEEKS STRAIGHT.

NOW THAT I AM DONE WITH THE RULES, HERE ARE SOME OF MY RECOMMENDATIONS ON HOW TO PREPARE AND EAT SHROOMS:

-TRY SHROOM CHILI...JUST MIX EM IN...GREAT FOR CAMPING

-MUSHROOM TEA IS A GOOD WAY TO PREPARE SHROOMS...BUT

YOU HAVE TO PREPARE IT THE RIGHT WAY:

1.BOIL WATER

2.DROP DESIRED AMOUNT IN, LET BOIL FOR 30 SECS,

THEN STIR FOR ANOTHER 30 SECS AND POUR INTO

CUP- IF YOU LET THEM SIT OR BOIL FOR TOO LONG

PSILOCYBIN BOILS OFF AND IS LESS EFFECTIVE.

3.YOU CAN USE TEA BAGS, OR, TRY MIXING WITH RED

GATORADE-ITS PRETTY GOOD.

-WHEN EATING MUSHROOMS, I HAVE FOUND THAT IT IS GOOD TO CHASE THEM WITH ORANGE JUICE AND/OR CHOCOLATE-YUM!

I dont think mushrooms can kill you because if you eat to many the chance is that you will probably throw up. I throw up about 50% of the time when I eat them about 1-2 hours into it and still trip my balls off

Back