Fresh Stropharia Cubensis Mushrooms

Gamer

Hello,

Just a quick question or two.

I have just purchased 500g of these and was wondering what I need to to with them once I get them.

Do I dry them out first and if so how ?

what is the best way to store them once they are dried ?

Anyone ?

Do I just eat them fresh ? Mix them in tea ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated... ;)

All mushrooms work faster when fresh. Problem is, how soon are you going to use them? If you and some friends are going to use them within a week to 10 days, they usually will keep well in an open paper bag placed in the crisper of a fridge, you know, the drawer were the veggies go. (Check at least daily, looking for worms, they look like little white maggots.)

If you don't think you can use them that quickly, you must dry them.

1. Place all of your mushrooms "Gills-up" on wax paper that has been placed on a flat area.

2. Place a small fan on the lowest setting, pointed so the air blows just above the shrooms. It can blow directly on the if you don't see that it will blow them off the wax paper.

3. Dry until shrooms have a leathery feel to them. Drying to long will make them crumbly. (1 to 3 days)

4. Place dried shrooms in a Ziploc bag, wrap bag in paper towel (To keep light off them) and place in freezer.

Follow the above steps always trying to always keep the shrooms in "darkness" and they will stay good for a long time.

A. Light and brusing weaken the shrooms.

B. DO NOT MAKE TEA

C. Effects are best for 1 or 2 months, but can still be felt as long as a year, just need to eat more.

Ok Great thanks for the tips.

You say eat them fresh, I assume that you mean just pop a few fresh caps in your mouth and suck on them slowly chewing them and then swallow ?

What about the stems, do I/we eat them as well ?

Consume the entire mushroom... make tea if you like. I remember the first time I ate shrooms, just took a hand of mushrooms incl stems yes, about 1.5gr and just ate them chewing and swallowing it down with some water... Have fun!

What gets you off in shrooms is throughout the entire mushroom, so yes, eat them all.

No need to "Suck on them" eat them like any other food.

If you find you don't like the taste, try mixing with honey.

P.S. There are 2 reasons I suggested not making tea.

First: I think it's a waste, everytime I've made tea, I used many more shrooms than I normally eat and never get the same effect and I've made it several different ways. Boiling, seeping etc... The heat breaks down the psilocin.

Second: Tea will go bad much faster than drying, if you do make tea use it right away (a few days).

Back