Shrooms and food... any advice?

Rewbs

Hi all,

I have been browsing around looking for info on what one should eat before/during the trip to get the most out of the shrooms. This is what I have gathered so far, but there is so much contradictory info on the net that I'm VERY unsure... So please correct or add anything you can think of.

. Consuming the mushrooms blended or crushed (or chewing them *really* well - but this tastes horrible) will provide a larger surface area and therefore intensify the trip. This will also make the digestion of the shrooms easier, so you feel less nausea.

. Cooking / boiling the shrooms at high heats reduces their potency, but warming them up gently is OK.

. Consuming Vitamine C with the shrooms will intensify the trip, but consuming Vitamine C during the trip will bring you down (this sounds wrong - anyone know about this?)

. Tripping tends to make your blood sugar low, but eating too much sugar before or during the trip will bring you down. But keep some sugar at hand during the trip in case you feel bad.

. Eating before the trip will slow the onset of the effects, and reduce the intensity slightly. However, eating nothing for hours before the trip might increase nausea - best is to eat a small amount.

. Anything else?

. Once again, do not take these points as suggestions until they have been confirmed by an expert! :)

Let me know!

Cheers,

Rewbs

I always tougth that vitamine C was slowing the trip down? I always keep some orange juice handy when I eat shrooms... but Im not really sure actually if it slows the trip down, it could be psychologic.

I also heard at the smartshop that you should avoid food for about 5 hours before the trip...

and last time I made tea from 1/2 portion, and ate the other half... it worked just fine :)

lo,

right as far as i know (and i've been doing alot of research these last 4 monthes)

note, most of this is from my experience unless otherwise noted

-as far as the blending/chrushing goes, it does speed up your intake of the psilocybin, but only by about 10-15 minutes. Where as, if chewed (i always use this method) i usually start feeling the effects after about 10 minutes and am fully up in 20-35 minutes, i usually chew them for 10-15 minutes (untill i start feeling the effects, then swallow), this may not be suitable for every one though, as not many people like the taste, maybe i'm a freak, or have a nice strain of Ps. cubensis, but mine are a pleasure to eat...

-as for warming them, i assume you mean a brew of some kind, me and a few friends have tried a brew with slowly warmed water to 45-50 degrees celcius, and it was kept at that temp for 30-45 minutes, which was as high as we were prepared to go, so as to not break down the psilocybin, and it was an improvement on eating them fresh (quite a nasty tasting batch Ps.Cyan. if i remember correctly),and we did come up fairly quickly, about 35 minutes...

-as for vitamin C, i've heard so many conflicting reports on line, i don't think i trust any of them enough to side with them, altho i have found that if you drink fresh orange juice while you're up it does highten the trip (i just don't think it has any thing to do with vitamin C), i'm fairly sure that's because it's such a sharp tasting, refreshing drink, from my experience if you drink some while you're in a medium to heavy trip, when you drink it, you're so amazed by the taste, that you forget your suroundings, while you concentrate on how good it tastes, and you just fall deeper in to the trip, but that's just my experience...

-As for the blood sugar level issue, i don't have much to say on this in terms of first hand experience, altho from research, i can tell you that sugar does make the trip a little lighter and reduces the time taken to come down, this is according to the few educational sites that have addressed this question...

-as for eating, i'll try and keep this short as i've already had a say about this in a few other topics (and this is from experience), but yes if you eat before you eat the mushrooms it will take longer to come up, and the trip won't be quite as hard as it would have been if you hadn't eaten any thing, and again you are also right in saying you may get mild stomach cramps if you don't eat for hours before the trip. I didn't realise this was the cause of my cramps for a month or so untill i asked on a forum, and was told that you should eat a few plain biscuits (1-3) or a slice of bread, with a small glass of water to help you eat them/it, about an hour before consuming the mushrooms, so the bread or biscuits should be nearly all have left the stomach you consume the mushrooms, this should help with nausea problems, and it did for me...

This is just from my experience and a couple of things i picked up from educational sites

Any way, this is getting way to long

have fun, be safe, peace...

Back