Shrooms and Shamanistic properties

omnimyst

Okai, I heard that Magic Mushrooms have shamanistic properties enabling someone to be put in touch with the spiritual world easily. Is this true? And if it is how well does it work? If it doesn't work that well can any suggestions be made as to what would work better? And can any advice be giving as to what should be done if I should wish to try this? Thanx

yes its possible on many occasions i myself have felt close to god... you could say that..... but i never really tried to get close... so i dont know how it happened or how i could achieve it again.... my advice..... tripsack.....

I have left my body one time. At that time I was to impressed with what happened that I didn't want to go too far away from my body. The Maya kings (shamans) used it to contact their gods and get info from them. The best way is to lie down and let it come over you. Shamanism is about getting exstatic. Mushrooms can help you with that.

Taking mushrooms as a of way of develeouping your spiritual side is a very real concept. In fact religions have incorporated the magic mushrooms to enable communes with non mundane entities.
It is much better to do these from a spiritual and scientific stand point that merely as a party drug.
I, for instance, have done mushrooms several times, and have had very enlightening experiences. Although I cannot say that I had an open dialogue with The God, that is the first cause and creator, I have felt very harmonious and in tune with nature, including all that encompasses the ecology around me. More so biotics than abiotics, but let me tell you...trees are incredible, and animals seem to have true thought.
And fire...whoa...very much like an organism...be careful around fire, always keep control of it.
There is plenty of information on shamanistic practices on the net, i merely don't have time to paraphrase.
Google it, see what turns up.

i am very interested in this topic, the following books are a light introduction... pls make sure u filter through such information as alot of authors on such topics are sh*t. anyway, 2 books dealing more specifacally to the use of psycodellics are as follows.

jim deKorne- pschedellic shamanism, published by loopamanics

also, i think it is... the journey of don juan by carlos castanda(i belive to be the 1st book in the series)

I am also interested in the posiblility of prophecy and divination with these drugs. i have had quite a few experiences which i wont go into at the moment, but i certainly use the mushroom for thier shamanatic properties. i can also agree with the earth lo

.also, be carful using these for such purposes, for the beginner(even experienced) tripping can be bizzare(perhaaps with long term mental side effects) many other methods exist to explore shamanism (dream work) being among the simplest.

Back