the eyes...

Yuppicide

I have a completely uniformed theory about the visual effects of shrooms, including but not limited to the truffle variety. I notice that though I "know" that lines that my eyes may fall on are straight ,(for instance, walls, corners, ceiling) they just do not appear straight. They seem to bend, but the bend is elusive or hard to find because it simply isn't there. If you are still with me, here is my stupid theory. When sober, your eyes look out on the world upon the same horizontal axis. That is, my right eye, looking forward, falls on the wall at the precise height that my left eye does. One can transpose a straight line, across the face from pupil to pupil, directly upon one's field of view. Perhaps when hallucinating this is not so. If ones eye were to look out at a slight vertical angle with reference to the other, it seems that it would be impossible to see a straight line. I mean to say that hallucinating has a kind of effect that they eyes operate without the same degree of unity as in a sober state. Maybe, while hallucinating, the subject can look at another persons left eye with the only his right eye, and the others right eye with only the subject left eye - staring face to face. I have never tried this and have yet to trip after arriving at this mind-f**k. Any comments?

Well since you can see straight lines with just one eye, I think the result of both eyes foccussing on different things would be a blurred image involving lots of straight lines that our brain cannot superpose to form a normal 3d image.

Lots of people can move their eyes about independantly. I think what they see is similar to what you see when you go cross eyed.

Having said that, it is quite common to feel you are foccussing on more than one point (or an entire image) when tripping, and it does feel like visuals are somehow related to eye divergence.

You make a good point about being able to see straight lines with one eye. I'll have to see just what it is I see with one eye while tripping. Mind you, I understand the mental aspect of the trip to be of primary significance, if not the sole redeeming factor of visiting so much trauma upon the mind and body. But these visuals, with particular respect to geometry, are quite hard to explain. Know of any books, written by a doctor? Not a philosopher, poet, or webmaster?

What interesting argument!

Can help if we say that the eyes are two but the seeing is one?

Can help if we say that for this argument probably we do not underconsider the study/research of animated digital trippy?

Can help if we add to research of a well wrighted good book of a doctor (medician?) a well wrighted good book of a geometric-mathematician?

Can help if we say that for about the straigh lines and custums if we say our mind: "mind! give me soft lines"
sometimes our mind gives us a very hard and straigh lines and if we say to her: "mind! give me hard straigh lines" the mind gives us the opposite of what we want?

Can help if we say that our solid geometry could became liquid? (especially in the mental space?) a sort of geometry where for istance a triangol even if remain a triangol could assume other forms? (like a triangol plastic bag/baloon that could be compressed in the form of a cube or a sphere?)

Can help if...

Sorry, read my misteaked: "straigh" like: "straight".
Thank you.

Back